Tuesday 18 January 2011

Autofocus and being a control freak

Ok, I know I am a bit of a control freak. Today I saw the squirril upside down outside the window, helping itself to the fat balls. Lovely photo opportunity. So new camera in hand I tried to capture the shot, only to find that the auto focus decided that the marks on the glass would make a better picture.
The photo was lost. I have resigned myself to printing off all 117 pages of the camera manual, annoyingly supplied as a .pdf on a CD, in order to really get to grips with how to get over this sort of problem.
Lesson learned. It was so simple in the old days of 35mm SLR's, with no autofocus, unless like me you wear glasses and forget to have them on when you take a quick shot and can't understand why what looked like a great shot turns out to be blurry when you get the pictures back from the developers.
I start the first main chapter in the course tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Yet again, the squirrel has the last laugh. They are out there thinking up ways to do amazing things when the windows are steamed up, or the tree is moving, or anything else that will make it impossible for you to catch them in the act! Welcome to blogspot, and happy studying.

    ReplyDelete